To apply for a position at Jordahl Custom Homes please fill out the form below.
WANT TO BECOME A SUBCONTRACTOR FOR JORDAHL CUSTOM HOMES?
Apply today by completing the form below.
The Designer will help the homeowner in the design layout and exterior/interior selections of construction of home. The individual will be included in the planning, and coordination of the detail finishes of the home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Review floor plans and available options with homeowners and explain standards and upgrades for exterior and interior finishes.
- Communicate features, advantages and benefits associated with various upgrades and identify opportunities to sell upgrades through effective questioning and listening skills
- Accurately interpret homeowner’s requests and produce necessary written description and follow through on providing custom price information.
- Respond to any concerns or questions that arise from homeowner, construction site or customer service and provide quick responses and effective solutions
- Generate interior design concepts and design finalization for models or rental property
- Communicates regularly with customer, Production staff, designers, sales team with any & all information concerning build.
- Manage calendar and schedule
- Motivated to continue to learn
- Ability to work both as a part of a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsible for accurate/clear data entry of selection, change orders and document management of customer build
- Responsible for supporting Design Center operations as well as maintaining current and new design trends.
- Meet with customers for design collaboration meetings and selections meetings as needed
- Provide fully red-lined ready-to-build plans to the production team according to Jordahl standards. Provide 3D renderings and elevations for critical areas (ie. customer or in Change Order for Production Team)
- Provide selections summaries to builder specifications/change orders for production team
- Provide homeowner provided lists (Lighting, Appliances, Warranty,’ Things to think About’ when building)
- Confer with assigned Project Manager to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Set productive, consistent, and acceptable work example
- Establish and maintain effective, professional business relations with vendors, customers, and coworkers
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude in all correspondence both within and outside the company
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Willingness to remain flexible and adapt to change as we continue to grow as a company
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in interior design or Minimum 4 years equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Office 365, reading blueprints, using Sketch-up, Revit or alternative drawing program
- Familiarity with construction web-based software
- Strong verbal, written and digital communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues and critically think while maintaining high level of customer service
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimum supervision
Benefits include health, dental, vision, Disability, Accident, 401k, PTO/ Vacation and more!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year + commissions
Please email resume directly to email@example.com