JOB OPENINGS AT JORDAHL CUSTOM HOMES
To apply for a position please complete the form below and attach your resume.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT OUR SISTER COMPANY: MERIDIAN PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
We are currently seeking a Controller to manage the accounting process for a local Property Management Company. Responsibilities include supervising, directing and mentoring the accounting/bookkeeping staff, and overseeing all accounting operations to efficiently process accurate data (including AP and AR) and produce professional and timely financial reports to the firm’s management.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts bank accounts, and credit cards and reviews discrepancies and problematic accounts and follow-up on such accounts
- Ensure processing and accuracy of reports including, but not limited to, month-end closing, monthly forecast and variance, etc.
- Control and track of operational and departmental inventories
- Calculate and produce daily deposit transmittals for received checks
- Manage cash and income audit processes
- Manage expense and putting cost controls in place
- Maintain management agreements and contractual obligations
- A/R and A/P oversight to insure processing is timely
- Manage security deposit accounts and finalize and cut check for security deposit returns. Also ensures compliance with regulations on security deposits by state (MN/ND)
- Manage the audit and reconciliation of client accounts and financial statements.
- Develop and manage a review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are complied with.
- Manage the financial system, ensuring maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and the future.
- Manage the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
- Maintain consistency of information between the companies accounting software and operational databases
- Manage and provide leadership to Accounting team including the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting/finance management.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Quickbooks and Yardi software experience desirable.